- This event has passed.
2014 IPC Invasive Species Management Training Workshop Series – Registration Page
March 14, 2014 - May 30, 2014
Invasive Plant Management Workshop
Pesticide Applicator Training
IPC 2014 IVS Management Training Workshop Series
Workshop I – IVS 110 – Introduction to Invasive Species Management
March 14, 2014 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
McKimmon Conference & Training Center, 1101 Gorman Street, Raleigh, N.C.
March 28, 2014 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Carolina Beach State Park, Carolina Beach, N.C.
Postponed due to lack of interest
Goose Creek State Park, 2190 Camp Leach Road, Washington, NC 27889
May 30, 3014 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Lake Lure Town Hall, 2948 Memorial Highway, Lake Lure, N.C. 28746
Registration Fee: $60
What is being offered:
- N.C. Pesticide Applicators (3.0 Credits in each Category): Ornamentals and Turf Management (including Greenhouse Operations) (L), Agricultural Pest Control – Plants (O), Right-of-Ways (H), Forestry (G), Pesticide Dealers (D), Demonstration and Research (N), Regulatory Pests (I), and Private Applicators (X).
- S.C. Licensed Pesticide Applicators (CEUs): 5.5 Hours of Recertification Credits.
- VA Licensed Pesticide Applicators: Approved for Categories 2 and 6.
- TN Licensed Pesticide Applicators (Points): Agricultural Plant (5); Forest Pest Control (5); Ornamental & Turf (5); Aquatic Pest Control (5); Right-of-Way (4); Demo & Research (5); Pesticide Dealer (5).
- Arboriculture – International Society of Arboriculture (CEUs): Certified Arborist (5.25), BCMA – Science (4.0), Municipal Specialist (5.25), and BCMA – Mgt. (1.25).
- Forestry – Society of American Forestry (Continuing Forestry Education Credits – CFEs): Cat 1 – CF (5.5).
- N.C. Environmental Education Certification Program (Credit Hours): Criteria III, Knowledge of Resources (6.0); Certified Environmental Educator – Continuing Education Credit (6.0).
- Wildlife Biology – The Wildlife Society (CEU Credit Hours): Category I – Certified Wildlife Biologist Renewal/Professional Development Program (6.0).
Directions to Goose Creek State Park
From Greenville, NC, drive east on U.S. 264 through Washington, NC (26.5 Miles); Turn Right on Camp Leach Road. GCSP is at the end of Camp Leach Road (2.4 Miles). http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/gocr/main.php
Directions to Lake Lure Town Hall
From Asheville, NC, drive east on U.S. 74 Alternate (25 Miles); From Hendersonville, NC, drive east on U.S. 64 (14.5 miles) and then east on U.S. 74A (7 miles); From Spartanburg, SC, drive northwest on I-26 (25 miles), east on U.S. 74 (1.6 miles), north on NC-108 (3.3 miles), then northwest on NC-9 (9 miles); From Charlotte, NC, drive west on I-85 (24 miles), at Exit 10B drive west on U.S. 74 (49 miles), then drive north on NC-9 (12 miles).