CANCELLED for 2020, will be held: November 29-December 2, 2021, Nashville, TN
Innovations in Invasive Species Management Conference and TrainingWe welcome everyone back to the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, TN for the 4th annual 2021 Innovations in Invasive Species Conference.
We invite you to join us for the fourth annual Innovations in Invasive Species Management Conference Training to be held in Nashville, TN DNovember 29-December 2, 2021 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, TN. 2017, 2018 and 2019 were great successes with land managers coming together from throughout the US and overseas. The conference hosts people from throughout the US and World looking for new techniques and inspiration from successes to manage a wide range of invasive species We are working to include more animal, marine and insect content as well this year. Be ready for some exciting new topics and demonstrations in 2021.
As we prepare the 2021 Conference please consider presenting. If you would like to present an oral presentation or a poster, demonstrate equipment or reserve a vendor space, please see below for directions. Otherwise if you have any questions please give Steven Manning a call at 615-969-1309 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s the topic this year? WHY do we manage invasive species?
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
2800 Opryland Drive
Nashville, Tennessee 37214 USA
Invasive Plant Control, Inc.
PO Box 50556
Nashville, TN 37205
Outstanding Speakers from Across the U.S.
We are fortunate to have several prominent keynote speakers including
Doug Tallamy, professor at the University of Delaware who will offer two thought provoking presentations.
With more to come….
2021 Outdoor Equipment Demonstrations at the Warner Parks
A favorite session in past conferences has been the outdoor equipment demos. In 2021 we have expanded this session and will be hosting demonstrations at the Warner Parks (WP) rain or shine. Come visit this urban wilderness and the progress made in the “Invasive Free at the WP 2027” campaign. Vendors have already begun to visit the park to set up demo sites in preparation for the December event. If you have equipment or techniques you would like to demonstrate during the conference, please contact conference coordinator Steve Manning to discuss details.
Interested in Offering a Presentation?
Please send in an abstract according to the guidelines (Arial 11, single spaced, bold and italicized where indicated in the sample) in the example below to email@example.com
Presenter: Tree of Heaven
Title: Ailanthus Altissima
Title of Presentation
Controlling Tree of Heaven
Abstract for Presentation 1
You can eradicate an infestation by eliminating every invasive plant and its seeds in the infestation, a difficult feat that requires timely and repeated use of the most effective treatments. You can control or suppress an infestation through medium effective treatments that mostly kill aboveground plant parts but that leave, even with repeated treatments, the live roots or rhizomes unharmed. You can contain an
infestation by confining and restricting its spread through effective treatments that eliminate outlier plants, spots, or advancing fronts. Containment is often the only option when infestations continue to encroach from adjoining untreated lands. Remember: all treatments should be monitored for determining followup actions.
Ailanthus is a deciduous tree to 80 feet (25 m) in height and 6 feet (1.8 m) in diameter, with long pinnately compound leaves and circular glands under lobes on leaflet bases. Strong odor from flowers and other parts, sometimes likened to peanuts or cashews.
Read below for exhibit options.
All Table, Nonprofit and Booth Exhibitors will receive the following benefits:
- Logo placement on conference website
- Name and logo displayed in conference program
- Exhibit booth or display table space
- One full conference registration
- Logo placement on conference website
Booth Exhibitor: $1,250
- A draped, 10’ x 10’ exhibit area, with one clothed and draped 8’ table
- A second full complementary registration
Table Exhibitor: $700
- One clothed and draped 8’ table plus 2 chairs
Nonprofit Exhibitor: $300
- Same benefits as regular Table Exhibitor
All Annual Meeting Sponsors receive the following benefits:
- Logo placement on conference announcements, publications and website with a link to your website
- Logo displayed in conference program
- Logo displayed on prominent signage at the event
- Exhibit booth space
- Sponsor ribbons on name badges to recognize your company’s contribution
Additional benefits per tiered sponsor level include:
Concurrent Session Sponsor: $1,500
- Receive 2 complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will be recognized as a sponsor of a concurrent session
- Your company logo will appear on signage outside the session room
Break Sponsors: $3,000
- Receive 4 complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will sponsor a morning or afternoon break during which all attendees will see your logo prominently displayed at the refreshment area
- Quarter-page ad in conference program
Lunch Reception Sponsor: $5,000
- Receive 6 complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will sponsor the one of the Exhibitor Lunch Receptions
- All attendees will see your company name in several locations during lunch
- Half-page ad in conference program
Evening Reception Sponsor: $7,500
- Receive 8 complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will sponsor the Thursday evening Dinner
- All attendees will recognize your company name in several locations around the buffet area; speaking opportunity at the general session
- Full page ad in conference program
Additional or partial sponsorship opportunities are available such as sponsoring the tour, a break, special session, reception, or other marketing opportunity.
For more information please contact Steven Manning at 615-969-1309 or firstname.lastname@example.org