December 10-12th, 2019, Coeur d’Alene, ID
Innovations in Invasive Species ManagementWe invite you to join us for the third annual Innovations in Invasive Species Management Training and Workshop to be held in Coeur d’Alene, ID December 10th-12th, 2019 at The Coeur d’Alene Resort.
We invite you to join us for the third annual Innovations in Invasive Species Management Conference Training to be held in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho December 10th – 12th, 2019 at the Coeur d’Alene Resort. 2017 and 2018 were great successes with land managers coming together from throughout the US and overseas. The conference hosts people from throughout the US and World looking for new techniques and inspiration from successes to manage a wide range of invasive species We are working to include more animal, marine and insect content as well this year. Be ready for some exciting new topics and demonstrations in 2019.
The 2019 innovations Conference is being hosted by the Pacific Northwest Invasive Plant Council (https://www.pnw-ipc.org/) , The Northern Rockies Invasive Plant Council (http://www.nripc.org/) and Invasive Plant Control, Inc. (www.invasiveplantcontrol.com).
As we prepare the 2019 Conference please consider presenting. If you would like to present an oral presentation or a poster, demonstrate equipment or reserve a vendor space, please see below for directions. Otherwise if you have any questions please give Steven Manning a call at 615-969-1309 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Presentations
For the 2019 meeting we are requesting proposals related to:
- All aspects of Invasive Species Management
- Large scale invasive species management projects
- Biological Control
- Pollinators and Habitat Management
- Herbicides, looking at them from both sides
- Where does installation of native plant material fit into the restoration scheme
- Management of invasive species in sensitive areas
- Managing Behaviors in Invasive Species Management
- Specific Invasive Species Control applications
- Use of Innovative Tools and Equipment for on the Ground Invasive Species Management
- Using Drones to Manage Invasive Species
- State Specific Talks related to Invasive Species Management
- Developing and Implementing a Weed Wrangle
- Weed control projects or researchfrom diverse habitats
- Mappingusing UAVs
- Coordinating volunteersand communicating with the public
- Management of key Invasives: Success Stories and Progress Reports
- Unique prevention techniques
Types of proposals we are seeking:
- Outdoor Equipment Demonstrations
- General Session Oral Presentations 15-30 minutes in length
- Poster Presentations
We will have two submission deadlines for this conference.
- Deadline for submission of Oral Presentation Abstracts is May 15th, 2019
- Deadline for submission of Field Demonstration and Poster Presentation Abstracts is November 5th, 2019
- Oral Presentations will be 15-30 minutes long with 5 minutes for discussion and questions. Presentations will be included in a relevant general oral session, or in an organized oral session if appropriate.
- Poster Presentations will be displayed throughout the conference in the main Ballroom. We ask that you be present during the session to present your poster and answer questions. Posters should be no larger than 4×4 ft.
- Outdoor Equipment Demonstrations If you are interested in offering an equipment demonstration please contact Steven Manning
Note to Students: We encourage student submissions. Students who want to present at the conference should submit their abstract according to the outlines on this page.
For Symposia and Organized Oral Sessions, abstracts must be submitted for each presentation.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically to Steven Manning. Your email must include the document in the format described below, with this subject line:
- Subject: (presenter’s last name)and type of submission (i.e. organized oral session, symposium, workshop, general oral session, or general poster session)
Abstract Content and Style for Papers and Posters
Each submitted abstract must include the following. Please carefully adhere to these guidelines: Attach your abstract in Microsoft Word, using one-inch margins and Arial, 11 pt. font. Single space the abstract and separate each section with a single line space.
- Title of Presentation
- Contact information
- Speaker Bio
Please click on this link to make your room reservations: The Coeur d’ Alene Golf & Spa Resort Innovations Conference Room Reservations
Please note that rooms will not be assigned until check-in and that the room type requested is not guaranteed until check-in. For those wanting to call in to confirm their reservation, please call 800-688-5253, and our Reservations Team will be happy to assist you in confirming your stay.
The cut off date for room reservations under the conference block is November 8th, 2019.
Welcome to The Coeur d’Alene Resort, a world renowned destination for vacation, business, romance and fun, overlooking a stunning alpine lake in a quaint, friendly downtown lakeside atmosphere.
Whether you play the world’s only Floating Green, escape to our Spa or lounge by our infinity pool, we’ll help make it a most memorable and magical experience. Our service team is renowned for heartfelt hospitality and attention to every detail. For three decades, we’ve created Great Guest Moments. Where will the day take you?
Welcome to the newly renovated, fully-upgraded, completely elevated Coeur d’Alene Resort. During a process that took three years to complete, from beginning to end, The Coeur d’Alene Resort has been upgraded to more than a fresh coat of paint. It’s a complete renovation — from new carpet to larger 4K-HD television displays; from improved lighting to cozier beds. It’s the Resort you’ve always loved, looking sharper than ever.
Directions and Parking
Getting to Coeur d’Alene Resort
The Coeur d’Alene Resort is easy to reach from just about anywhere.
Traveling by Air
The Coeur d’Alene Resort is located 40 minutes east of the Spokane International Airport, offering non-stop or one-stop access from most major US and Canadian cities. The Coeur d’Alene Air Terminal is available for corporate and private aircraft.
Airport limousine service is available from both the Spokane and Coeur d’Alene facilities with advance reservations.
Traveling by Car
The Coeur d’Alene Resort is easy to reach by automobile via Interstate 90 (Exit 11) or Highway 95 (Northwest Blvd). From the exit, follow the directions to downtown and watch for the Resort on your right.
Location and Road Map
Resort Parking Garage
- Valet Parking: $23 per night
- Self-Parking: $19 per night
Spokane International Airport Transportation Services (please visit resort website to make reservations)
Round Trip: $69 | Children 2 & Under: $29
One-Way: $50 | Children 2 & Under: $20
Please contact The Resort’s transportation department for scheduling at 208-765-4000 or fill out the form below:
48-hour notice is required for all transportation requests, or cancellations.
Read below for exhibit options.
All Table, Nonprofit and Booth Exhibitors will receive the following benefits:
- Logo placement on conference website
- Name and logo displayed in conference program
- Exhibit booth or display table space
- One full conference registration
- Logo placement on conference website
Booth Exhibitor: $1,250
- A draped, 10’ x 10’ exhibit area, with one clothed and draped 8’ table
- A second full complementary registration
Table Exhibitor: $700
- One clothed and draped 8’ table plus 2 chairs
Nonprofit Exhibitor: $300
- Same benefits as regular Table Exhibitor
All Annual Meeting Sponsors receive the following benefits:
- Logo placement on conference announcements, publications and website with a link to your website
- Logo displayed in conference program
- Logo displayed on prominent signage at the event
- Exhibit booth space
- Sponsor ribbons on name badges to recognize your company’s contribution
Additional benefits per tiered sponsor level include:
Concurrent Session Sponsor: $1,500
- Receive 2 complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will be recognized as a sponsor of a concurrent session
- Your company logo will appear on signage outside the session room
Break Sponsors: $3,000
- Receive 4 complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will sponsor a morning or afternoon break during which all attendees will see your logo prominently displayed at the refreshment area
- Quarter-page ad in conference program
Lunch Reception Sponsor: $5,000
- Receive 6 complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will sponsor the one of the Exhibitor Lunch Receptions
- All attendees will see your company name in several locations during lunch
- Half-page ad in conference program
Evening Reception Sponsor: $7,500
- Receive 8 complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will sponsor the Thursday evening Dinner
- All attendees will recognize your company name in several locations around the buffet area; speaking opportunity at the general session
- Full page ad in conference program
Additional or partial sponsorship opportunities are available such as sponsoring the tour, a break, special session, reception, or other marketing opportunity.
For more information please contact Steven Manning at 615-969-1309 or email@example.com